Friday, August 20, 2010

Inception

No, this one's not about the movie, though I'm a big fan of it. This one comes from the "Life of Pi", the booker 2002 winning book by Yann Martel. Pi is the central character, a simple guy experimenting with Truth and Beliefs. I always wonder, how come non-indians write such beautiful stories on India and we fail see the beauty of being an Indian.

Pi is me. Like Pi, I'm searching for my beliefs though I also say that Belief is the death of intelligence. May be We are supposed to be dumb every now and then just to feel human again.

Pi practices all religions. He's born a Hindu and goes to temple, He's been baptized as a catholic and He offers his Namaz 5 times a day. But the society can't accept that. It can't accept someone being a Hindu, a Muslim and A Christian at the same time.

I say I'm agnostic, rather 70% Atheist and 30% Agnostic. But I'm still a Hindu, a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew... I can be all these if I chose to recognize the life force that propels me. If I chose to recognize the minutest human gesture as a miracle...

Is it possible? or Am I just kidding myself...

3 comments:

reshma said...

simple and nice...

Religion has been made by Society,but its our work to find oneness from all. As all religion has almost same principles.

~ PragyaN ~ said...

Great One!
Even I do feel the same, sometimes! Many non-Hindu religions have also fascinated me quite a number of times :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.