Tuesday, September 30, 2008

the EUPHORIA magic...

I was one of the two the event organizers for debate that day on 27th, and while making it the biggest ever biz event yet in sankalp, I was more than just tired... I was completely sloshed. What kept me going was the thought of watching Euphoria perform live that evening, which was my favorite band. The day before, me and my band had given another stage performance on the huge stage of sankalp-08, with 2 songs from rock on, 1 from euphoria and 2 more songs... the show was reasonably good, only for the small technical problem with the sound system, that made us inaudible to the back rows. I was asked for autograph by some cute girls and even by some faculties from outside college, but none of it was of as much significance to me as to what followed that evening on 27th. I got a call from Pranab to run to the conference room , where Euphoria was expected to rest before their show begins and I obliged... It was 6pm and euphoria was scheduled to reach by 7pm, they were staying at Gopalpur, hotel Swosti, after their performance at Infosys, bbsr on 26th. So me, pranab, sumeet, lelin n jagannath along with puri (that's our band) waited for about an hour running around making the arrangements along with the hospitality department. The whole team of euphoria reached at 6.45 but without Palash, they went straight to the stage and did their sound testing for almost an hour and came to conference room where all of us were waiting. We spoke to them and they were really cool, they gave us as much autographs as we asked for. Banny(benjamin pinto, their keyboard player) was the koolest among them with his rock star hairdo and persona. Pranab got all of them to sign his guitar. Then right at 8pm Palash arrived with a new hairstyle, he was just so chilled out and pleasently surprised when all of us sang the alaap of their song Mantra, sumeet introduced him to all our band members and he again obliged us with his autographs and pics. Then they left for the stage and show began right at 8.45pm and it was the first rock show for most of our band members and needless to say we were mesmerized, hats off to Palash who sang continuously till 12.30am that night without a break and i dreamt of doing the same some day... the icing on the cake was when palash called the NIST band to the front row and asked us to sing Mantra with them... just one of the most thrilling moments of our lives. The two most memorable days of my life, 1st when I trekked past Sarpass in Himachal and 2nd, the day I was Euphorized...
Hoping to reach the same level as Euphoria some day...

No comments: