Monday, September 15, 2008

I woke up to be 64...


I woke up this morning and I was 64. I was in a huge house with all the luxuries I ever wanted; only I was alone. I tried to remember what has happened till date and I couldn't. The pictures on the walls told the story of a successful career with many achievements, but why there were no pictures of my happy self? Then I saw a locked shelf, looked like it was not opened in years. I opened it. The first thing I saw was the guitar strap I bought back in the final year of my engineering college, with PROMISE written on it. It was a promise I had made to myself that some day I'll buy my own guitar and perform with this strap on. I saw the last CDs of my 1st recording along with the guitar tabs and lyrics of the songs that we composed.

There were pictures of the self I was looking for; the happy one among the many pictures of my band. Then I saw her, that picture of her was my most prized possession. There she was with her gorgeous smile, glittering in red, the love of my life. Two drops rolled out of my eyes and I thought, God, What have I missed...
Then I remembered the day, I had decided to let go of my dreams and make a great career. The day I myself rejected my love thinking it was only slowing me down and not letting me go away. What I thought was best for me, apparently killed me slowly every day for the last four decades...

I wished to go back and change it all, to go ahead with my dreams, to confess my love to her... but it was too late...

I woke up to the loud jamming noise in Pranab's room. It was 7am and I was again late for Software Engineering class. I had the list of Wipro projects in my hand. I got up and got ready for the class again prepared to enter late into the classroom. As I was walking towards college with the project list in my hand, I was happy, who gets a second chance in life... I did. In my back pack a black strap was hanging with it saying in bold, PROMISE...

No comments: